Sunday, December 9, 2012

3D Roman Architecture

All of these pieces below are my props for Roman architecture for me to pull from. I figured that even as pieces they were worth showing off. I designed them with a bit of work in order to build a library of pieces that I can use in different scenes when I need to without having to remodel them each time. I figure its a time saver on projects rather than waste time trying to figure out each time the way things are suppose to look and finding reference pictures each time. 
 This above picture is fore archways. You can see the section in between that is white put there to show where the piece ends. Rather than making tons of these make one duplicate it and then use deformers to make the shape needed whether it be a hall or a dome style building.

 These are the more basic forms of columns I've seen in Greek and roman architecture. I wanted this one first due to the rather common design of it.
 This style has the same column but with a variation on the top of it. I have a closer view of the top piece bellow.




 With some of these I set up the file so that i can throw it into the front view and choose what style column and top and bottom pieces I want to go with it. I've done some variations in order to have variety in any given situation for myself to use.

 Nice and simple column with a marble look to it that i can change the color on to suit me. rather like this one though.

Above is my basic dome that I can put my columns under neath and make a quick building out of. The textures would need to be changed due to the colors but then the texture of all of these is basic in order for me to see the look easier in 3Ds Max.

No comments:

Post a Comment